Visit someone at the jail
One of the rights of inmates is the general right to maintain a level of communication with friends and family on the outside. Inmates at the Jail can communicate in three different ways.
First, they can write letters to those on the outside. Inmates cannot bring in their own stationary and stamps. Paper and envelopes are provided to inmates and stamps can be purchased through commissary. Indigent inmates are allowed a limited number of stamps paid for through the commissary fund.
Secondly, inmates are allowed to make collect and prepaid calls from their housing areas. They cannot receive incoming calls. The times that they are allowed to call out are limited based on the needs of the facility. Outbound calls are limited to 15 minutes in duration to assure that all inmates get a chance to make calls. Anyone who receives an unwanted call from an inmate at the Jail can have their number blocked from receiving any calls from the inmate telephone system by following the prompts on the telephone when an attempt to call is made. If you subscribe through a telephone provider that allows you to accept collect calls, you can follow the prompts to accept the charges for an inmate telephone call. If your telephone provider does not provide that service or if you are on a wireless telephone, you will receive a free one minute call, but you will then be directed to an Inmate Calling Solutions representative to set up a prepaid account to receive further calls.
Third, inmates are encouraged to keep in contact with friends and family through on site visitation. Because of the number of inmates and the limited hours that our staff are available to arrange and supervise visits, the number of weekly visitation spots are limited.
Inmate Visitation Rules
Visitation is conducted Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
There is NO VISITATION on Sundays, Mondays, Fridays or legal County Holidays.
If you do not have a phone you may use the red visitation phone located in the lobby to schedule a visit. Or visitors may use the located on the following website to register for a visit-online visitation request form between 11:00 AM and 1:00PM on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
E-Mails will be answered at the same time as phone line registration.
You will receive a response to your email confirming or denying your visit.
You must provide a valid functional e-mail address to use E-Mail Scheduling.
You must read and understand and abide by the following visitation rules.
1. Registration for visit times is on a “first come/first served” basis.
2. Visitors may call or email on Thursday between 11:00am-1:00pm to schedule visits for Saturday or Tuesday.
3. Visitors may call or email on Tuesday between 11:00am-1:00pm to schedule visits for Wednesday or Thursday.
4. On Tuesday and Thursday each visitor may schedule for 1 of the 2 days listed above, not both.
5. Each visitor will only be allowed to visit one inmate per visitation day.
6. Registration will be from 11:00AM to 1:00PM ONLY.
7. Registration will be accepted by phone or by email.
8. Visitors must sign-in, in person only at least 10 minutes before the scheduled visit or the visit may be cancelled.
9. You may not change visitors on the day of the scheduled visit.
10. All visitors over the age of 18 must provide a photo identification card (for example: a state identification card or driver's license) with a correct and current home address, and correct date of birth of bearer.
11. Inmate Workers will not be pulled from their work schedules for visitation. Please be advised that it is the responsibility of the inmate to notify all family and friends of the times that they are available for visits.
12. If a visit is scheduled during an inmate worker's work schedule, then the visit will be cancelled.
13. Visitors are discouraged from arriving at the facility longer than 30 minutes before their visit.
14. Each inmate is allowed ONE 30-minute visit each visiting day as space allows with a maximum of 3 visitors
· A child is defined as being 5 years and younger, and a juvenile is between 6 and 18 years of age.
· All children and juveniles must be accompanied by an adult.
15. The following rules will apply for juvenile visitation with ADULT INMATES ONLY - NOT JUVENILE INMATES.
· Juvenile visitors: If a juvenile wishes to visit an inmate they must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
· The parent or legal guardian must show a current and valid photo identification card and will be required to show proof of guardianship of the juvenile visitor; i.e. State issued Birth certificate or legal documentation.
· If the juvenile is visiting their parent or legal guardian, they may be accompanied by another adult as long as the adult has a current and valid identification card and the juvenile has a state issued birth certificate or legal documentation showing guardianship.
16. The following combination of visitors may be used (maximum of 3):
· Two adults and one child (child held on the lap of one adult)
· One adult, one juvenile, and one child (child held on the lap of the adult)
· Two adults One adult, one juvenile
17. Visitors who violate scheduling rules (i.e. no show) two times are not allowed to visit for one (1) month from the date of the second violation.
Scheduling rule violations include:
· Scheduling a visit and not showing up for the visit. If you schedule a visit with two different inmates and do NOT show up for either visit, it will be considered TWO No shows.
· Coming to visit late (MUST check in 10 minutes prior to scheduled visit).
· Canceling a visit less than 45 minutes prior to the scheduled visit. If you need to cancel a visit, please call the (970) 498-5204; press 2 and leave a message.
· Juveniles under the age of 12, cannot be left unattended in the lobby.
· Disruptive behavior by ANY CHILD will require the parent of guardian and the child to leave the facility.
18. ALL personal property of visitors, including hats, jackets and purses must be locked in the lockers provided or in the visitor's automobile.
19. NO property may be left at front desk or unattended in the lobby.
20. All fingernail clippers, pocket knives, lighters, cigarettes must be put in a locker or taken out to the visitor's automobile.
21. Any visitor with an outstanding warrant will not be allowed to visit.
22. All visitors are subject to be searched.
23. Juveniles in custody are allowed to be visited ONLY by their parents, sisters or brothers, or legal guardians.
24. Visitors may be required to show proof of guardianship.
25. Visits may be denied for any of the following reasons, but not limited to:
· Disruptive behavior by either visitor or inmate.
· Use of offensive or inappropriate language
· Visitor appears to be under the influence of ANY alcohol and/or drugs
· Visitors refuses to show or does not possess proper identification
· Visitor refuses to submit to reasonable security precautions
· Inmate refuses the visit
· Contraband is detected
· Visitor wearing highly provocative or inappropriate clothing as determined by staff - including NO tank tops, halter tops, spaghetti straps, tube tops, or street gang clothing. Shirts must have sleeves. Midriffs must be covered. Shoes must be worn. Shorts must be appropriate length.
· Attempting to provide outdated identification by signing the visitor log sheet, visitors indicate that they have read and understand these rules and will abide by them.
· Any exceptions to these rules must be requested by the inmate in writing and approved by the Facility Administrator in advance.
NOTE: Letters or cards will not be accepted at the reception counter. Nothing allowed on envelope except inmate's name, address and your return address. NO drawings, no gang writings, no stickers, no lip prints, etc. ALL MAIL must go through the U.S. Postal Service using the following address:
LARIMER COUNTY Jail
2405 Midpoint Drive Fort Collins, CO 80525
Visitation Registration is on Tuesday and Thursday between 11:00am-1:00pm.
Call or Email Thursday to register for a Saturday or Tuesday Visit-Visitors may register for 1 of the 2 days
Call or Email Tuesday to register for a Wednesday or Thursday visit-Visitors may register for 1 of the 2 days
Call between 11:00am-1:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 498-5204
E-Mail between 11:00am-1:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Visitors without internet access may call 498-5204 starting at 11:00AM until 1:00PM on Tuesdays or Thursdays.